Wednesday 23 September 2015

Recording voices- Chatter kids and Aging booth

Today was a real learning curve for me and the whole process of teaching iPad!  After teaching throughout the Junior and Middle school I was left to teach our Senior classes.  Presuming I would need to extend these students I adjusted my lesson plan to the learning needs that I thought I would  be facing with these children.  I was very surprised to find that they were very interested in doing the aging booth app and were quite happy to spend the whole lesson using the chatter kids app.  They were fully engaged and on task and with each new recording their voices became more fluent, expressive and creative.  So I scrapped the iMovie idea and stuck to the first two ideas.  Just made me realise how clued up the Junior classes are as they have more access to the iPad where the seniors only use chrome books.

Tasks
  • Students aged them selves using aging booth
  • Completed a task card, writing 4 headings with a supporting sentence about what life was like in the olden days
  • They then put their face into chatter kids and created a character, recording their voices to tell their story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amaz-ing

 Marble Maze- Cognitive skills Steps to making the Marble Maze First we created a base for our maze.  We created some concentric circles ins...