Wednesday 23 September 2015

Book-creator and Drawing Pad

YAY- so happy today, I get to have a whole day to teach Room 8, so of course I will be teaching them some new techniques to use on the ipad!
I saw a really cool idea on scoop it - which I need to locate to give credit to.
I took the idea and changed it to suit my Year 2 class.

Aim:  Students will respond to a book they read

Outline:
  • I shared the title with the students and got them to share everything they new about otters.  (was great to have a totally random topic with little background knowledge)  through images I showed them we came up with a great list of ideas.
  • They then did this task at their desks with a partner, including some drawings on paper
  • Next step was for them to create a new book cover for the story- they needed to draw an otter in Drawing pad
  • They then uploaded their picture into Book creator- and included a title and their name
  • We then predicted what the story was going to be about- again  lots of discussion and sharing the students they then went and recorded their voices on book creator on the next page.
  • The class loved reading the story- it is very interactive with videos and photos to watch on the way as well as enjoying the cleverly written rhyming story.

  • If I had more time I would of loved to continue to add more pages and complete more responses to the story.  I think they did great considering the time frame and especially since it was their first time using both the apps.  Most students completed 3 reading responses, these included, Patterns in the text, Their favourite part, Something they learnt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amaz-ing

 Marble Maze- Cognitive skills Steps to making the Marble Maze First we created a base for our maze.  We created some concentric circles ins...