Saturday 24 May 2014

Incorporating ipads into your planning

So we have all the tools but do we have the knowledge to best implement them?

I recently went on a literacy e-infused course and got very inspired as the teacher was very passionate and it showed through out her presentation.  It inspired me to share heaps of cool ideas with my colleagues and also to try them out in the classroom with my twist on them.  

So where do we start??? We hear about these "cool" apps, download them and then.... Never use them or use them as a one off lesson never to be used again!

I have found a lot of my colleagues have this dilemma and although they are keen and willing to learn they don't have the time to search hours for apps or know how to best use them in the classroom.

What we want to try and prevent is...  Only Using the ipad as an 'early finisher' activity, or reward or a place to play games!!!

So if we first look at what isn't working well already in our programmes or what we would like to see improved then this can be a guide for how we can solve, or help to solve our issues!

I will try and break it down and make it easy to follow.  I will include app names and uses and also include ways in which I have used them in my lessons and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amaz-ing

 Marble Maze- Cognitive skills Steps to making the Marble Maze First we created a base for our maze.  We created some concentric circles ins...